This is the decade to start looking after yourself more seriously. While you’re still very much a spring chicken, this is the time of your life burning the candle at both ends becomes the norm. Long hours spent working and studying, late nights out making memories and plenty of summer sunshine can all start to show up on your face.
The good news is that by putting into to practice a few simple habits you can enjoy the full-on nature of your twenties (and beyond) while looking and feeling your most beautiful. Let’s look at the most common beauty complaints and solutions we receive from our gorgeous customers.
Getting to bed at a reasonable time is tough in your twenties. Although getting adequate sleep is our number one beauty tip, there are going to be times when work, studies, social activities and Netflix put sleep on the back burner.
If you’re anything like me, late nights combined with early mornings take the shine from your eyes leaving the area looking a little zombie-like. The skin around your eye area is thinner and more delicate than the rest of your face, it’s the first place to show tiredness and signs of ageing. Want to turn up to work bright eyed and bushy tailed? A high-quality eye cream should be in your list of essentials.
Benefits of our Revitalising and Rejuvenating Eye Cream:
- Stimulates the regeneration of healthy collagen.
- Firms and tightens the skin, dramatically reducing the look of lines and wrinkles.
- Eliminates signs of fatigue around the eye, brightening dark circles and reducing puffiness.
- Reveals a firmer, brighter, smoother and more youthful eye area.
Battling with acne past your teens and well into your twenties has become much more common. This has to do with the foods/drinks we consume, our skincare/make-up routine and the stress we’re under. How to tackle acne head on:
- Try lowering your dairy and sugar intake, both are known to trigger acne breakouts.
- Consistently drinking enough water is fantastic for the overall health and condition of your skin.
- Revving up your body with some cardio improves blood flow, helping to detoxify your skin.
- Don’t pick. While tempting to pick at your acne, don’t! Its far easier to treat acne than the scars picking leads too.
- Keep your phone, tablet, laptop and work area clean with anti-bacterial wipes. We subconsciously touch our faces throughout the day, so anything that lowers the number of bacteria our hands encounter lowers our chance of breakouts.
Although seemingly small, these steps can have a big say in the clarity, vibrancy and health of your skin. Get on top of your breakouts for good by combining these habits with an acne-focused skin care routine. Feeling overwhelmed about what to put into your skincare routine? We’ve got you covered:
Our Blemish Free Skin Kit is made up of four products that are thoughtfully put together to exfoliate, tone, heal and nourish your skin. Go check it out here, for a more detailed breakdown on what each product has to offer and why it makes our kit.
Living in a beautiful, hot part of the world has huge upsides, but we all know that too much sun isn’t a good thing. Being sun smart allows you to enjoy all the perks of an outdoor lifestyle while offsetting some of the downsides. Keep the following in mind for that next braai, hike or lazy beach day:
Sunscreen – Be sure to cover up often with a high-quality sunscreen. Check the ingredients list as many commercial sunscreens are guilty of containing harsh chemicals making them counterproductive when it comes to healthy skin. Our Oh So Natural Sunscreen is chemical free making it safe for even the youngest skins and for coral reefs too. Not only does it provide a decent SPF, but it will keep your skin wonderfully hydrated.
Sunglasses – Our skin isn’t the only thing to look out for in the sun, our eyes can get damaged too. We want protection from UVA and UVB light, picking an oversized pair has the added benefit of protecting the delicate skin around the eye from sun damage.
Big Floppy Hats – Not only a stylish item to include in your summer wardrobe but the sun hat also has the additional benefit of protecting your face, neck and eyes from harsh sun rays. Look out for the UV protection rating (often found on the label), different materials offer different levels of protection.
- Become a make-up minimalist. Layering on too much make-up will take a toll on your skin.
- Remove all make-up before bed. Don’t cut corners here, get it all off. Try our Oh So Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover if you're after something kind for your skin.
- Wash your hands before getting stuck in with your skincare routine, any missed bacteria will just get rubbed into your skin.
- Get in the habit of washing your face first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
- Get enough sleep, this one is a biggie! Put the effort in and get to bed early.